Information about Apprenticeships for Employers
Why Doncaster College?
Business Administration Apprentice
"I get assessed throughout the
Apprenticeship with regular visits so I know how I'm progressing
and hopefully it will lead onto permanent employment."
We manage Apprenticeships locally and can advise you on ways to
develop and train your workforce. Contact us on 0800 358 79 79 or
or by filling in the form further down the page.
- Most apprenticeships are offered to 16-24 year olds
- If you send us a job description we can help find the right
staff for your company
- The employer needs to pay the wages of the Apprentice
- The employer may be expected to contribute to training
Apprenticeships: Good for Business
Apprentices are employees who earn a wage and work alongside
experienced staff in businesses to gain job-specific skills. Off
the job, usually on a day-release basis, apprentices receive
training to work towards nationally recognised qualifications.
The benefits of employing an Apprentice are shown in the ‘Good
for Business’ research carried out by the National Apprenticeship
- Apprentices bring new ideas into your company.
- Apprentices inject new life blood into a company.
- Apprenticeships demonstrate your company’s commitment to
- Apprentices can be moulded into your ideal employee.
Doncaster College has a long history of working with the local
business community to train and develop our young people through
Apprenticeships. We offer a variety of placement opportunities in
many different areas – Apprenticeships are not just for those who
want to pursue the traditional sectors such as construction and
We can offer a great choice of Apprenticeships including:
- Creative Arts and Media
- Customer Service
- Electrical and Mechanical Engineering
- Health and Social Care
- Healthcare Support Services
- Highway Maintenance and Repair
- Hospitality & Catering
- Information Technology
- Motor Vehicle
- Painting and Decorating
- Team Leading
According to YouGov research (October 2009), over 80% of
people are more likely to use a business if it offers
Apprenticeships to young people, and 94% think it is
important that companies support young people by
taking on apprentices in the recession.
Contact us about Apprenticeships
For more advanced courses such as Degrees and HNC/Ds please click here.