Floristry Level 3 Diploma
Work with a "Winning Team" of professionals.
Best College and Gold Award Winners
Harrogate Flower Show 2012
You will require a passion for Floristry. You will develop
advanced design skills and techniques. This will
enable you to become more creative and enhance your career
prospects within the industry. The course includes
practical work, tasks and written assignments. You will
also the opportunity to work on large scale projects and
enter the college competition at the Harrogate Flower Show.
- Unit 1 Creative design process for florists
- Unit 2 Diverse flower and plant care
- Unit 3 Diverse tied floral designs
- Unit 4 Diverse floral designs for weddings
- Unit 5 Floral arrangements
- Unit 6 Sympathy tributes
- Unit 7 Working in the industry
- Unit 8 Negotiate and agree terms and conditions for the sale of
- Unit 9 Function and event decorating using floral displays
All mandatory units must be achieved and a written theory paper
to gain the full qualification. Additional to your course will be a
tutorial programme of study plus a Functional skills qualification
In addition to your course you will be entitled to regular
tutorials, you will also study Functional Skills in IT.
The course will be assessed by integrated practical and
theoretical assignments . You will also undertake a written
- You must have gained a Level 2 qualification in Floristry
- All applicants must complete an initial assessment
in literacy and numeracy and attend an interview with a
- Relevant industry experience.
- You will be required to undertake a minimum of 80 hours work
experience within the floristry industry.
- You will be expected to work alongside the manager at Flowers
at the Hub.
Course Progression Routes
You may progress onto the City and Guilds Higher
Diploma in Floristry (ICSF) Level 4.
Course Career Prospects
Florist / senior florist / manager of a Flower shop.
Buyer / product developer for a large retail outlet.
Freelance designer florist for corporate clients such as hotels,
stately homes, cruise ships in this country and abroad.
If you are unsure about your career progression please contact the Careers Team.
Trips to the Harrogate Flower Show with an opportunity to
compete and visits to the flower markets in Holland and local
wholesale supplier will be arranged which are beneficial
to your course and learning. These activities are
optional and additional fees will be charged to you. Details will
be provided at the time of interview.
There are no course fees if you are under 19 years old.
Additional costs include textbooks, tool kits,
uniform, trips, personal stationery and extra flower material.
You will be informed of these at your interview.
For Application and Enrolment Information Contact
Free phone: 0800 358 7575
For more advanced courses such as Degrees and HNC/Ds please click here.
For Postgraduate & Professional courses please click here.