Spa & Body Therapies Level 3 Diploma
This qualification forms part of a complete
programme which will help to develop the necessary skills and
knowledge required to succeed not only in beauty and spa therapy,
but also in the wider world of work.
This qualification aims to provide students
with the necessary skills and knowledge to carry out specialised
body therapy and spa treatments.
As well as achieving a nationally recognised
qualification in body and spa therapy you will also
develop skills and achieve qualifications in English, Maths and
Training will take place in our well equipped,
modern salons and spa, with instruction from our team of highly
skilled, qualified and supportive tutors.
You will be taught through a combination of
classroom and salon activities and will complete written and
practical work. You will learn practical treatments by working on
your classmates, before moving on to work on paying clients in our
real life working spa.
You will cover the following units:
- Promote additional services or products to clients
- Monitor procedures to safely control work operations
- provide body massage treatments
- provide stone therapy treatments
- monitor clients and the operation of sauna, steam and
- provide body wrapping and flotation treatments
- contribute to the financial effectiveness of the business
- provide indian head massage
- carry out massage using pre blended aromatherapy oils
- Students who have not already achieved GCSE English & Maths
at grade C or above will also work towards achieveing these as part
of their programme
Assessment will include practical observations
on paying clients, written assignments, computer based tests and
building portfolio of evidence.
- Level 2 Beauty Therapy qualification
- For equivalent qualifications see the
Entry Requirements Explained page
- All applicants must complete an initial
assessment in Maths and English and attend an interview
- Excellent personal presentation and
Course Progression Routes
Foundation Degree Beauty/Spa Management
Level 3 Beauty Therapy
Level 3 Hair & Media
Course Career Prospects
This qualification will provide opportunities in careers such as
self employment, teaching, assessing and managing beauty salons in
many locations including locally, health farms, spa resorts and
If you are unsure about your career progression please contact the Careers Team.
A wide range of enrichment activities are
available for you to access, such as trips and visits and
short spa therapy related courses. These activities are
optional and may incur an additional cost.
There will be one visit to a spa, which is
mandatory and will incur a cost.
Further details will be provided at
There are no course fees if you are under 19
years old. However all students will be required to purchase a
personal kit, uniform, text book and stationary. Exact details
and costs will be provided at interview.
For Application and Enrolment Information Contact
Free phone: 0800 358 7575
For more advanced courses such as Degrees and HNC/Ds please click here.
For Postgraduate & Professional courses please click here.