Music Level 2 Diploma
This course provides an introduction to the practical skills
theoretical knowledge required to work in the music industry.
Although a wide range of music is explored, there is particular
emphasis on popular music (rock, pop, R & B, dance/techno etc).
You will also learn performance and rehearsal techniques in
preparation for at least 3
performances during the year.
- Planning & Creating a Music Product
- Professional Development in the Music Industry
- Working in the Music Industry
- Producing a Musical Recording
- Working as a Musical Ensemble
- Solo Music Performance
- Exploring Musical Composition
You are required to complete both core units and four-specialist
units from the list to complete the qualification (7 in total).
Students are assessed by a variety of methods including written
coursework, portfolios of evidence and practical assignments. The
assessments are to specific criteria and when successful are
Pass, Merit or Distinction.
- 4 GCSE grade D and above including English
- or Introductory Diploma Level 2 in Music or Performing
- For equivalent qualifications see the Entry Requirements Explained page
- All applicants must complete an initial assessment in Maths and
English and attend an interview
You will be expected to attend an audition at which you will be
expected to do a performance piece.
Course Progression Routes
On successful completion students may progress on to the
Extended Diploma in Music or the Extended Diploma in Music
Course Career Prospects
Employment opportunities are performer, sound recording
engineer, music publisher, music teacher, composer/arranger.
If you are unsure about your career progression please contact the Careers Team.
Activities such as trips and visits will be arranged, which are
beneficial to this course and your learning. These activities are
optional and additional fees will be charged to you. Details will
be provided at the time of interview.
There are no course fees if you are under 19 years old. However,
you may have to pay for textbooks, personal kits, uniforms, trips
and personal stationery. You will be informed of these at your
For Application and Enrolment Information Contact
Free phone: 0800 358 7575