IAB Level 2 Award in Manual Book-keeping
Easy to apply!
To apply for this course, just drop in to Learner Services at The Hub.
Please remember to fetch any documentation you might need with you. Our 'What to Bring' page might be useful!
This course is aimed at learners seeking certification of a
broad experience in manual book-keeping and to widen his or her
competence. It is also aimed at those who want to enter employment
in a finance environment.
Part time 3 hours per evening, one evening per week for 20
Upon completion of the unit it is intended that candidates will
be able to:
- Understand and apply basic accounting concepts
- Make Value Added Tax (VAT) calculations
- Recognise and use source documents
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of payment
- Use a sub-divided book-keeping system
- Account for Payroll
- Prepare checking devices, identify and eliminate book-keeping
- Prepare a Trial Balance
Assessment is by a two hour examination.
It is advisable that the candidate has:
- IAB Level 1 certificate in Book-keeping or equivalent
- Good numeracy skills
- For non-active speakers of English: Intermediate Level
Course Progression Routes
AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting or Level 1 or 2 Computerised
Course Career Prospects
Accounts/Finance clerk or after further progression there may be
job opportunities to become an accounting technician.
If you are unsure about your career progression please contact the Careers Team.
How to Apply
To apply for this course, please visit the Learner Services team
at The Hub. For maps and directions, please see our Maps page.
For more advanced courses such as Degrees and HNC/Ds please click here.
For Postgraduate & Professional courses please click here.