City & Guilds Certificate in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector 6304 Level 4
This qualification is for pre-service or in-service teachers and
is aimed at candidates who:
- are deemed to be in an associate teacher role OR
- would like, or require, an introduction to
teaching/training/tutoring in the Lifelong Learning Sector OR
- are seeking career progression within their area of work.
This is a four unit qualification (3 mandatory units and 1
optional unit) as follows:
- Preparing to teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector
- Principles and practice of assessment
- Planning and enabling learning
- Optional Unit
Course assessment is by the delivery of presentations,
completion of assignments and observations of teaching
- All learners will need to complete an application and interview
prior to enrolling.
- Candidates will be required to undergo initial assessment to
determine their aptitude and basic skills
- Candidates should have achieved a Level 3 qualification in
their subject specialism (other qualifications may acceptable)
- Candidates will require a minimum of 30 hours teaching
Course Progression Routes
Credits points awarded on completion of this course towards
progression to Level 5 diploma. There will be an opportunity over
the summer to attend a 3 hours session towards completing a
Bridging Unit. This unit is required before the Level 5 Diploma
qualification is accredited. If the unit is not completed before
the Level 5 diploma there will still be an opportunity to complete
whilst on the Level 5 course.
Course Career Prospects
This qualification will allow you to apply to the Institute for
Learning (IFL) for Associate teacher status (ATLS) and can be
accredited towards the achievement of qualified teacher status
(QTLS) through following a Level 5 Diploma (DTLLS).
If you are unsure about your career progression please contact the Careers Team.
How to Apply
To apply for this course, click here to
download an application form. Completed forms should be
returned to Centralised Admissions, Student Services,
Doncaster College, FREEPOST RRBE CXT2 ZTGA, The Hub, Chappell
Drive, Doncaster, DN1 2RF.
After returning the form, you will be asked to attend an
For more advanced courses such as Degrees and HNC/Ds please click here.
For Postgraduate & Professional courses please click here.