EMTA Award (EAL) National Vocational Qualification
This award is aimed at people new to the Engineering Industry
who require qualifications in Mechanical Engineering.
The qualification recognises what a competent person is able to
do at work. The course involves learning and developing the skills
and knowledge needed to work in an engineering workshop
environment. This course has a high practical content.
The course requires the completion of three mandatory and two
optional assessment routes.
- Working safely in an engineering environment
- Working efficiently and effectively in engineering
- Using and communication technical information
- Making Components using Hand Tools and Fitting Techniques
- Using Lathes for Turning Operations
- 2 GCSEs grades G and above
- Entry Level 3 in Engineering
- For equivalent qualifications see the ‘Guide to General Entry
- All applicants must complete an initial assessment in Maths and
English and attend an individual interview
Course Progression Routes
Successful students can progress on to Level 2 Performing
Engineering Operations or First Diploma in Engineering.
Course Career Prospects
This programme is aimed at people wanting to enter the industry,
who require basic qualification. However after further study there
are wider job opportunities including, craftsperson, technician,
Technical engineer and project manager.
If you are unsure about your career progression please contact the Careers Team.
How to Apply
To apply for this course, click here to
download an application form. Completed forms should be
returned to Centralised Admissions, Student Services,
Doncaster College, FREEPOST RRBE CXT2 ZTGA, The Hub, Chappell
Drive, Doncaster, DN1 2RF.
After returning the form, you will be asked to attend an