Welcome to our annual Apprenticeship Awards Event to celebrate the success of our apprentices and their employers during 2016/17. Thank you to our sponsors: Smith Brothers, Keepmoat, Cementation Skanska, Doncaster College, Aardvark Swift Recruitment Agency, Trackwork, The Gentleman’s Retreat, Doncaster Chamber of Commerce, Doncaster Schools Catering, Doncaster Knights, DETA, Wabtec, and to Trax FM who have provided the awards.
Personal Achiever of the Year
This award seeks to acknowledge and celebrate apprentices who have successfully overcome barriers or obstacles, personally or in the workplace, to achieve their goals and exceed expectations. Judges are looking for inspirational stories of apprentices exceptional achievements and demonstrate the following:
- Commitment to their own personal development and progression through learning
- Ability to overcome obstacles and barriers in learning or at work
- Inspirational / enterprising qualities
- Determination to achieve their learning/employment goals.
Sponsored by Doncaster Knights
Doncaster College Apprentice Employee
Doncaster College would like to formally recognise and acknowledge the valuable contribution our apprentice’s make to the smooth running of the business.
Sponsored by Doncaster Chamber of Commerce
Intermediate and Advanced Apprentices
These awards seek to acknowledge and celebrate apprentices’ contributions to their workplace. Judges are looking for apprentices that make a real difference in the workplace by exceeding expectations. In particular those that can demonstrate the following:
- Excellent contributions in the workplace
- Evidence of achievement in learning and at work
- Commitment to own personal development.
Intermediate Apprentice sponsored by Doncaster Schools Catering
Advanced Apprentice sponsored by Wabtec
This year new categories have been introduced that represent the different sectors we work within.
- Business Support Apprentice of the Year
Sponsored by Smith Bros.
- Construction Apprentice of the Year
Sponsored by Cementation Skanska
- Health, Public Service & Care Apprentice of the Year
Sponsored by Doncaster College and University Centre
- Commercial Enterprise & Creative Apprentice of the Year
Sponsored by Aardvark Swift Recruitment Agency
- Engineering Apprentice of the Year
Sponsored by Trackwork
- Hairdressing/Barbering Apprentice of the Year
Sponsored by The Gentlemen’s Retreat
Small and Large Employer of the Year
This award is to acknowledge and celebrate an employers’ commitment to developing their workforce through apprenticeships. Employers of any size can be nominated; judges will be looking for evidence that employers can demonstrate the benefits they have gained from a commitment to training their workforce through apprenticeships. Selection will be from those employers who can demonstrate:
- Commitment to training their workforce through apprenticeships
- Commitment to embedding a training culture within their company
- Commitment to future training and apprenticeship development
- The impact / benefit that apprenticeships have had on their business
- Why the company is an outstanding example and can act as a role model for other companies.
Small Employer of the Year sponsored by Trax FM
Large Employer of the Year sponsored by DETA
Apprentice Champion of the Year
This award is open to past apprentices who have made real progression in their careers, since their completion and continue to champion the apprenticeship programme. Judges are looking for nominees who have made exceptional achievements since their completion and can demonstrate the following:
- Commitment to their own personal development and progression
- Outstanding contributions, giving clear examples of how their personal achievement has impacted on others
- Demonstrate how they are strong advocates of the apprenticeship programme and what they do to promote apprenticeships.
Sponsored by Keepmoat