From April 2017, Apprenticeships are changing. We’ve got some quick information on this page to help explain the upcoming reforms.
Levy Paying Employers
- From 1 April 2017, HMRC will deduct 0.5% of your payroll over £3m in the form of a new tax, or ‘levy’.
- This levy will be placed in a new ‘digital account’ for you to access.
- Government will top up your funds with an additional 10%.
- This is your money for you to spend on Apprenticeship training only.
- You will also have access to a new Digital Apprenticeship Service where you will find details of all the types of training and the approved providers in your sector/area.
- Contact Doncaster College now to discuss a levy partnership.
Non-Levy Paying Employers
No Levy – No Worry
- Government will contribute 90% of the cost of Apprenticeship training providing you pay just 10% in first – ‘co-investment’.
- You will pay the 10% direct to the training provider but the Government will take care of paying the rest.
- Less than 50 staff? Take on a 16-18 year old and you will be exempt from paying 10% meaning you make no investment in the cost of Apprenticeship training.
- You won’t yet have access to the new Digital Apprenticeship Service to find the right training so contact Doncaster College who can help you search.
- You will receive an additional payment of £1000 for every 16-18 year old Apprentice you recruit.
- Apprenticeships are for both new and existing staff and can be used to upskill your workforce as well as expand it.
- We want to deliver the training you need – tell us what you want! New standards and frameworks are becoming available all the time.
- Trained staff at Doncaster College can help you identify your training and skills needs.
- Doncaster College can help with your Apprenticeship recruitment too. Contact us now for more information.
Call us on 01302 553913 or fill in the form below.