The UAL Level 2 Diploma in Art and Design (Photography) is a practically focused course designed to develop the critical and technical skills. Through workshops and experimentation with a range of photographic media, learners will begin to develop their knowledge of a wide range of photographic applications, whilst building on confidence.
- Level 2
- 1 year full-time
- Awarding Body
- Course Fees
- Click here for fee information
Aged 19 and over? Click here to find out about our financial support available
Units and Structure
Students will begin their level 2 studies by exploring traditional darkroom processes, analogue and camera-less photography, before moving in to digital photography, creating 2D and 3D outcomes. Over eight units of study, culminating in a self-directed final major project, learners will develop a range of specialist skills needed for level 3 studies.
We don't have any information available about entry requirements for this course. Please use the contact details listed further down this page to chat to us.
Tutors and Student Support
Student Support and Facilities
As a student, you’ll have access to a wide range of facilities, services and support, including:
- Step outside the classroom and access our state of the art facilities as well as 3 huge Learning Resource Centres with thousands of resources to use
- With hands-on experience you’ll be prepared for employment with a competitive edge.
- A dedicated impartial careers advice team to help you on your future path
- Our wide range of courses means that we can offer the right paths to get you where you need to be
- Our Hub campus is right in the heart of the town centre meaning you can find your way to us easily
- Outstanding student support throughout your studies with us.
Progression and Employment
Opportunities exist to enter the Creative and Digital Industries at a Junior Level but further study would be recommended to achieve employment in many job roles including designer, content producer and curator.
Courses you can progress to
Talented Athlete Scholarship Scheme
We're proud to be able to offer Dual Career Accreditation via the Talented Athlete Scholarship Scheme. This is a Sport England funded partnership between athletes, education institutions, and national governing bodies of sport.
The Scheme helps athletes in education – aged 16-plus – to get the very best from their sporting and academic careers without having to choose between the two.
Apply or Enquire
Want to know more or chat to us?
Have any further questions about this course? You can contact someone specifically about it by using the details below or filling in the enquiry form.
Make an enquiry
Want to apply for this course?
We don't have any information available about entry requirements for this course. Please use the contact details listed here to enquire.
Application & Enrolment
To apply for this course, please complete our online application form or download a printable form.Apply Now