A one year level 1 programme of study at The Hub which has been tailored to meet your individual needs, education and employment goals.
- Spend most of your college week studying an industry recognised qualification – NCFE L1 Certificate in Sport
- Participate in practical sport activities, fitness testing and training, PPD, tutorials, work experience, delivering sport and fitness activities to schools and community groups
- Continue studying English and Maths.
- Level 1
- 1 year full-time
- Awarding Body
- Course Fees
Click here for fee information
Aged 19 and over? Click here to find out about our financial support available
Units and Structure
The units that you will study include:
- Taking Part in Sports
- Sports Coaching
- Personal Exercise and Fitness
- Strength and Conditioning
- Health and Nutrition.
We don't have any information available about entry requirements for this course. Please use the contact details listed further down this page to chat to us.
Tutors and Student Support
Curriculum Lead in Sports and Public Services
Jordan has been a member of the Sports and Public Services team since April 2010. Prior to this Jordan worked at Sheffield Wednesday Football Club as the Programme Development Manager, providing education to the academy players and for the community programme.
Jordan has 15 years coaching experience and spent a year working on the West Coast of America as a soccer coach for both boys and girls sides over a number of age groups. Over the past sixteen years Jordan has played football for local and regional football teams. The highest standard was Semi Professional for a number of local teams that play in Northern Eastern Counties League.
Jordan has also worked in the health and fitness industry as a Duty Manager at a local leisure centre and a personal trainer and has been qualified for over 12 years. Jordan specialises in Inclusive Fitness.
Student Support and Facilities
As a student, you’ll have access to a wide range of facilities, services and support, including:
- Step outside the classroom and access our state of the art facilities as well as 3 huge Learning Resource Centres with thousands of resources to use
- With hands-on experience you’ll be prepared for employment with a competitive edge.
- A dedicated impartial careers advice team to help you on your future path
- Our wide range of courses means that we can offer the right paths to get you where you need to be
- Our Hub campus is right in the heart of the town centre meaning you can find your way to us easily
- Outstanding student support throughout your studies with us.
I have always been interested in Health and Fitness as I am a keen boxer so having tutors who have lots of experience in the subject really benefited me. I could ask them about diet and training programmes that could help become better in boxing. I also enjoyed working with other groups and delivering fitness and sports coaching sessions throughout the academic year. It was also good as I received extra praise from the Life Skills tutors in adapting my session to meet their needs.
I did not like school as they treated me like a child but being around older students that wanted to learn helped me to mature quickly as well as the tutors treating me with respect and spoke to me like a young adult. I could not believe how much work I was able to produce over the year as well as having a good laugh. It was brilliant how well we gelled so quickly and worked as a team.
Apply or Enquire
Want to know more or chat to us?
Have any further questions about this course? You can contact someone specifically about it by using the details below or filling in the enquiry form.
Name: Student Services
Telephone: 0800 358 7575
Email: Contact online
Make an enquiry
Want to apply for this course?
We don't have any information available about entry requirements for this course. Please use the contact details listed here to enquire.
Application & Enrolment
To apply for this course, please complete our online application form or download a printable form.Apply Now