This course has been developed to enable learners who are wanting a stepping stone in their chosen vocational area of Sport and Active Leisure
There is a mixture of Sport and Active Leisure units as well as Employability units to give the learners the skills necessary to work in industry.
- Participate in practical sport activities, fitness testing and training, PPD, tutorials, work experience, delivering sport and fitness activities to schools and community groups
- Continue studying English and Maths.
- Level 1
- 1 year full-time
- Course Fees
Click here for fee information
Aged 19 and over? Click here to find out about our financial support available
Units and Structure
Level 1 Extended Certificate in Vocational Studies: Sport
- Taking part in Exercise and Fitness
- Planning own Fitness Programme
- Assisting a Leader in Sport
- Functions of the Body
- Assist a Fitness Instructor
- Searching for a Job
- Preparing for an Interview
- Interview Skills
- Preparing for Work Placement
- Skills for Team Workers
We don't have any information available about entry requirements for this course. Please use the contact details listed further down this page to chat to us.
Tutors and Student Support
Student Support and Facilities
As a student, you’ll have access to a wide range of facilities, services and support, including:
- Step outside the classroom and access our state of the art facilities as well as 3 huge Learning Resource Centres with thousands of resources to use
- With hands-on experience you’ll be prepared for employment with a competitive edge.
- A dedicated impartial careers advice team to help you on your future path
- Our wide range of courses means that we can offer the right paths to get you where you need to be
- Our Hub campus is right in the heart of the town centre meaning you can find your way to us easily
- Outstanding student support throughout your studies with us.
I have always been interested in Health and Fitness as I am a keen boxer so having tutors who have lots of experience in the subject really benefited me. I could ask them about diet and training programmes that could help become better in boxing. I also enjoyed working with other groups and delivering fitness and sports coaching sessions throughout the academic year. It was also good as I received extra praise from the Life Skills tutors in adapting my session to meet their needs.
I did not like school as they treated me like a child but being around older students that wanted to learn helped me to mature quickly as well as the tutors treating me with respect and spoke to me like a young adult. I could not believe how much work I was able to produce over the year as well as having a good laugh. It was brilliant how well we gelled so quickly and worked as a team.
Talented Athlete Scholarship Scheme
We're proud to be able to offer Dual Career Accreditation via the Talented Athlete Scholarship Scheme. This is a Sport England funded partnership between athletes, education institutions, and national governing bodies of sport.
The Scheme helps athletes in education – aged 16-plus – to get the very best from their sporting and academic careers without having to choose between the two.
Apply or Enquire
Want to know more or chat to us?
Have any further questions about this course? You can contact someone specifically about it by using the details below or filling in the enquiry form.
Name: Student Services
Telephone: 0800 358 7575
Email: Contact online
Make an enquiry
Want to apply for this course?
We don't have any information available about entry requirements for this course. Please use the contact details listed here to enquire.
Application & Enrolment
To apply for this course, please complete our online application form or download a printable form.Apply Now