This course is aimed at people completing Apprenticeships within the Highway Maintenance Industry. By completing the course you will achieve a Level 2 Diploma and a Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Highways Maintenance.
You will be taught how to lay tarmac, concrete, kerbstones, blocks and flagstones, operate power tools including stihl saw and whacker plates, while working within Highways Agency specification and regulation for Road Building.
Any fees incurred in the Apprenticeship framework are payable by the employer.
Please contact us for more information email@example.com.
In spring 2017 the way the government funds apprenticeships in England is changing. Some employers will be required to contribute to a new apprenticeship levy, and there will be changes to the funding for apprenticeship training for all employers.
The apprenticeship levy will be introduced on 6 April 2017. The levy requires all employers operating in the UK, with a pay bill over £3 million each year, to invest in apprenticeships.
2 years part-time
The Diploma course is made up of eight units.
- Health, safety and welfare in construction and associated industries
- Understanding information, quantities and communication with others
- Understanding civil engineering technology
- Establish work area protection and safety on highways
- Segregate the area of highway works for single carriageway roads
- Excavate holes and trenches on the highway
- Locate and protect utility apparatus and sub-structures
- Reinstate excavation and highways surfaces
The course is theory based with an exam at the end of each unit. Your
practical skills will also be assessed against tasks based around Excavating and
reinstating highways, Setting out traffic management and traffic control and
detecting underground services.
Employed learners will also undertake the NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Highway
Maintenance which consists of the following units:
- Locating and Protecting Utilities Apparatus and Sub-structures in the
- Excavating Holes and Trenches (Manual Digging) in the Workplace
- Reinstating Excavation and Highway Surfaces in the Workplace
- Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- Conforming to Productive Working Practices in the Workplace
- Establishing Work Area Protection and Safety in the Workplace
- Segregating the Area for Highways Works in the Workplace
All learners will be given the opportunity to undertake a CSCS Card
application and Test.
- GCSE English and Mathematics at grade 3
- All applicants must complete an initial assessment in Maths and English and attend an individual interview and be expected to complete Level 2 Functional Skills.