Beauty Therapy is a thriving industry which offers an interesting and rewarding career to the dedicated professional. We offer training in our high quality training centre with staff who are experienced and who are continually kept up to date with the industry’s ever changing trends. As well as working with Doncaster College, you will work alongside your employer which will give you the help and support you need to gain your qualification. You will be employed in industry and be paid a minimum of the National Apprenticeship wage, whilst attending college one day per week.
Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship
The level 2 qualification will enable you to competently carry out treatments and services safely and effectively. The course aims to provide level 2 practitioners with the necessary skills to carry out treatments such as waxing, facials, manicures, pedicures, make-up, eyebrow and eyelash treatments.
Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship
The level 3 qualification will enable you to competently carry out treatments and services safely and effectively. The course aims to provide level 3 practitioners with the necessary skills to carry out treatments such as body massage, facial electrotherapy, body electrotherapy and electrical epilation.
Any fees incurred in the Apprenticeship framework are payable by the employer.
Please contact us for more information email@example.com.
In spring 2017 the way the government funds apprenticeships in England is changing. Some employers will be required to contribute to a new apprenticeship levy, and there will be changes to the funding for apprenticeship training for all employers.
The apprenticeship levy will be introduced on 6 April 2017. The levy requires all employers operating in the UK, with a pay bill over £3 million each year, to invest in apprenticeships.
12-18 months per level
- G20-Ensure responsibility for actions to reduce risks to health and safety.
- G18- Promote additional services and products to clients
- G8-Develop and maintain your effectiveness at work
- B4-Provide facial skin care treatment
- B5-Enhance the appearance of eyebrows and lashes
- B6-Carry out waxing services
- B8-Provide make-up services
- N2-Provide Manicure services
- N3-Provide pedicure services
- G4-Fulfil salon reception duties
- G22-Monitor procedures to safely control work operations
- H32-Contribute to the planning and implementation of promotional activities
- B13-Provide body electrical treatments
- B14-Provide facial electrical treatments
- B20-Provide body massage treatments
- B29-Provide electrical epilation treatments
- Strong interest in beauty therapy
- Friendly, caring disposition
- Self discipline
- Motivation and enthusiasm
- Excellent communication skills
- Smart appearance
- All students will need to attend an individual interview prior to the start of the course
- Personal progress file or a current reference from school/employer
- Salon employment