Apprentices learn on the job, building up knowledge and skills, gaining recognised qualifications and earning money all at the same time.
You will need to be employed and will be paid a minimum of the National Minimum Apprenticeship Wage.
You could be employed as a Gym Instructor or Personal Trainer.
Any fees incurred in the Apprenticeship framework are payable by the employer. Please contact us for more information email@example.com.
In spring 2017 the way the government funds apprenticeships in England is changing. Some employers will be required to contribute to a new apprenticeship levy, and there will be changes to the funding for apprenticeship training for all employers.
18 months per level
Apprentices will attend college one day a week with the rest of the time spent in employment
The qualifications included are
- Certificate in Fitness Instructing at Level 2 for Intermediate
- Certificate in Personal Trainer at Level 3 for Advanced
- Knowledge Based qualification based on pathway undertaken
You will work to achieve the following Functional Skills at Level 1 for Intermediate and Level 2 for Advanced:
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Certificate in Strength and Conditioning at Level 1
You will discuss your individual needs with your employer and college representative
There are no specific academic entry requirements for this framework however it is advantageous to have GCSE Grade E or above in Maths and English.
However the following should be considered:
- Strong interest in Sport
- Friendly, caring disposition
- Self discipline
- Motivation and enthusiasm
- Excellent communication skills
- Smart appearance
- All students will need to attend an individual interview prior to the start of the course
- Personal progress file or a current reference from school/employer
- Salon employment
- Employers may have their own entry requirements.