This Level 1 course is part of a 2-year industry recognised qualification. On successful completion of year 1, (Level 1), you will progress to year 2 Level 2.
This qualification is for learners wanting to learn the basic skills and knowledge involved in plumbing.
The qualification covers a range of basic tasks and underpinning knowledge involved in plumbing.
Year 1 of 2 year programme
Units of Study (Selection from the Following Year 1):
– Structure of the construction industry
– Fundamental safe working practices
– Environmental and sustainability measures in domestic dwellings
– Site preparation for working in the construction industry
– Above ground drainage
– Copper pipework
– Plastic pressure pipework
– Low carbon steel pipework
– Installation, repair and maintenance of plumbing systems
– Plumbing science
50% Theory – 50% Pratical
Candidates must produce a portfolio of theory and practical
evidence to support the qualificaiton outcome.
Training wil be carried out, once the candidate is ready for
assessment, the units will be assessed under assessment
conditions by the tutor to prove skills and knowledge in each topic.
GCSE Grade 4 English and maths