- Course Level
1 year full-time
The course includes practical work, tasks and written assignments.
There will be an opportunity for you to gain work experience in The Hub Flower Shop.
- Unit 1 Introduction to Art and Design for Florists
- Unit 2 Identification and processing of cut flower material and pot plants
- Unit 3 Introduction to plant processes and planted designs
- Unit 4 Hand tied and Presentation Designs
- Unit 5 Funeral and Sympathy Designs
- Unit 6 Floral arrangements
- Unit 7 Wedding designs and Accessories
- Unit 8 Display of Floristry goods
- Unit 9 Introduction to working in the Floristry industry
- Unit 10 Function decorating
In addition to your course, you will attend regular tutorials. You will also study functional skills in Maths and English. You will be required to complete a minimum of 40 hours work experience in the industry and be expected to work alongside our shop manager at “Flowers at the Hub“.
Practical assessment, theory assignment, online testing
- All applicants must complete an initial assessment in Literacy and Numeracy.
- You will attend an interview with a Floristry tutor.
- You must have an interest in flowers, plants.
- An interest in art and design is beneficial.
- You must commit to 100% attendance.