This course will support you with entry to the Police force.
It will combine theory and practical application of knowledge to develop essential leadership and team work skills and improve personal fitness levels to meet the entry requirements of your chosen Public service/Police force. Participate in outdoor activities, practical sport, visits from uniformed services, fitness testing & training, work experience, delivering activities to schools and community groups.
- Course Level
1 year full-time
The course consists of 9 units in the first year for the Diploma, and a
further 9 units in the second year to achieve the Extended Diploma.
- Prepare for Employment in the Uniformed Services
- Develop Physical Fitness
- Develop Leadership Skills
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Emergency Planning and Response
- Hierarchy and Routine in the Uniformed Public Services
- War and Conflict
- Outdoor and Adventurous Activities
- Collaboration Between Services
- Explore the Use of Telecommunications in the Public Services
- Mental and Physical Wellbeing
- Conflict Management and Personal Protection
- Security Procedures and the Uniformed Public Services
- Land Based Adventurous activities
- Water Based Adventurous activities
- Map and Navigation