These qualifications aim to:
Introduce the concepts of equality and diversity in a variety of environments including society, the community and the workplace
• highlight how stereotyping and labelling affect individuals
• outline the effects of prejudice and discrimination
• allow the learner to examine rights and responsibilities
• stress the importance of taking individual responsibility and action to help and support others
• provide a basis for further study and/or career development.
The objectives of these qualifications are to help learners to:
• raise their awareness of the issues surrounding equality and diversity
• apply this awareness through their actions in society, community and the workplace.
• Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
• opportunity to demonstrate their competence and knowledge in a wide range of job roles.
• Further your personal and professional development
• Ensure you the concept of Equality and Diversity
• Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college
Our online courses are completed online, so there is no need for any personal attendance in college, however you can always attend college if you feel you need this.
You will complete assessments by answering questions and submitting them to your tutor via the online learning platform.
You will be given full written feedback on your assessments within 5 working days.
Your tutor is available by Email, Vmail or Mobile Phone during office hours if you need support with your studies.
To study the courses, you need to have a suitable device such as a laptop, a desktop computer or a tablet such as an iPad.
Please note: It is not possible to complete the courses on a mobile phone as they are not compatible with our learning platform.
On successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate from NCFE, awarding body, confirming your achievement.
In order for you to gain your full certificate, you need to achieve all 3 mandatory units:
• Equality and diversity in society
• Equality and diversity in the community
• Equality and diversity in the workplace
Portfolio of Evidence
This qualification is internally assessed and internally quality assured by Centre staff and externally quality assured by IAO External Quality Assurance Consultants (EQACs).
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
• qualifications in Principles of Equality and Diversity at Level 3 or above
• qualifications in Managing Equality and Diversity in Organisations at Level 3 or above.
Due to the relevance of these qualifications to all sectors, learners may also progress (including laterally) onto qualifications in other relevant areas such as:
• youth work
• community development work
• health and social care
• customer service/business subjects
• early years care and education.
Apply or enquire about this course
Please use the following links to make an application or enquiry about this course.
Information for EU Students
From January 2021, how you apply for a course will change. For more information, read the UK Government's guide for the UK points-based immigration system for EU students (pdf).
Visit our International pages for more information and contact details