The Level 3 Certificate in Health and Social Care enables applied study of the health and social care sector, providing learners with an introduction to key areas relating to current practice. It also provides learners with the knowledge and understanding essential to the health and social care sector, supporting progression to further learning or the workplace.
The certificate is made up of mandatory units which aim to provide learners with knowledge and understanding of key subject areas in health and social care. Learners will be required to attend placement in a work environment to support their learning. The minimum number of hours required is 75 hours.
- Course Level
One Year Full Time
- Equality, diversity and rights in health and social care
- Human growth and development
- Safeguarding in health and social care
- Communication in health and social care
- Psychological perspectives in health and social care
- Sociological perspectives in health and social care
- Working in health and social care
- Reflective practice
- Infection prevention and control in health and social care
- Applicants must be at least 16 years old at the start of the course.
- Applicants must have achieved a minimum of 5 x GCSE grades 4/C including Maths and English prior to starting the course.
- All applicants must complete an initial assessment in Maths and English and attend an interview.