The need for adult social care continues to rise at a time when the system supporting that care is rapidly and significantly changing.
With around 1.5 million people working in adult social care in England, care workers need up-to-date support and guidance in order to provide adequate person-centred care.
• Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
• Evidence your competency to employers
• Learn how to handle hazardous substances and medication
• Further your personal and professional development
• Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college
Our Learn from Home courses are completed fully online, so there is no need for any personal attendance in college.
You will complete assessments by answering questions and submitting them to your tutor via the learning platform. If your answers do not quite meet the required standard, your tutor will refer the assessment to you, so you to improve your answer and it will probably pass on its subsequent submission.
You will be given full written feedback on your assessments, and your tutor is available by email or mobile phone during office hours if you need support with your studies.
To study the courses, you need to have a suitable device such as a laptop, a desktop computer or a tablet such as an iPad. You must not enrol if you do not have one of the devices mentioned. It is not possible to complete the courses on a mobile phone as they are not compatible with our learning platform.
On successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate from NCFE awarding body, confirming your achievement.
What you will learn
• Principles of Communication
• Principles of Personal Development
• Principles of Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
• Principles of Safeguarding and Protection
• Introduction to Duty of Care
• Understand the Role of the Social Care Worker
• Understand Person-Centred Approaches
• Understand Health and Safety
• Understand How to Handle Information
Online question and answer assessments
You must be 19+ to enrol on this course.