In the hospitality sector, staff are often the forefront of the business and first impressions are vital. It is therefore important that those working in hospitality are highly professional. Understanding how to communicate effectively, the importance of teamwork and the importance of maintaining food hygiene are essential for staff in these roles.
• Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
• Evidence your competency to employers
• Further your personal and professional development
• Know about food allergy and intolerance requirements
• Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college
Our Learn from Home courses are completed fully online, so there is no need for any personal attendance in college.
You will complete assessments by answering questions and submitting them to your tutor via the learning platform. If your answers do not quite meet the required standard, your tutor will refer the assessment to you, so you to improve your answer and it will probably pass on its subsequent submission.
You will be given full written feedback on your assessments, and your tutor is available by email or mobile phone during office hours if you need support with your studies.
To study the courses, you need to have a suitable device such as a laptop, a desktop computer or a tablet such as an iPad. You must not enrol if you do not have one of the devices mentioned. It is not possible to complete the courses on a mobile phone as they are not compatible with our learning platform.
On successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate from NCFE awarding body, confirming your achievement.
What you will learn
• Principles of Customer Service in the Hospitality Sector
• Understand Effective Teamwork in the Hospitality Sector
• Understand Legislation and Guidance Relevant to the Hospitality Sector
• Understand Professional Personal Standards in the Hospitality Sector
Online question and answer assessments
You must be 19+ to enrol on this course.