This course is an engineering taster programme and is the perfect option for any student wishing to take their very first steps into fabrication and welding.
The course covers the fundamental skills and knowledge common to all welding engineering practices.
Units you will study
• Working safely in an engineering environment
• Working efficiently and effectively in engineering
• Using and communicating technical information
Units you may study
• Using manual MIG or MAG welding equipment
• Using manual metal arc welding equipment
• 2 GCSEs grades G and above
• Entry Level 3 in Engineering
• All applicants must complete an initial assessment in Maths and English and attend an individual interview.
Entry requirements may be waived for mature students who have relevant experience.