The Level 3 Patisserie and Confectionery specialism you’ll focus mainly on sweets and desserts. The Level 3 is ideal if you’ve worked in a professional kitchen or have a Level 2 qualification.
Your work might involve supervising others or managing resources. You want to develop your skills further, perhaps to become a specialist chef or move into a management role.
Units you will study
• Unit 321 Produce dough and batter products
• Unit 322 Produce petits fours
• Unit 323 Produce paste products
• Unit 324 Produce hot, cold and frozen desserts
• Unit 325 Produce biscuits, cake and sponges
• Unit 326 Produce display pieces and decorative items
• The principles of food safety supervision for catering
• Supervisory skills in the hospitality industry
• Exploring gastronomy
• Assignment based work
• Short answer question papers
• Practical assessments
• Synoptic exam (Practical at the end of the course)
Level 2 In Catering or Industry experience.