This programme is aimed at helping you become a fast fit technician. Concentrating on fast fit techniques. You will also have access to support, to help you improve your English and maths.
Units you may study include:
• Inspecting, repairing and replacing high performance light vehicle and motorcycle tyres.
• Carrying out light vehicle front wheel alignment.
• Inspecting and replacing light vehicle clutches
• Inspecting and replacing exhaust components.
• Inspecting and replacing suspension dampers.
• Inspecting and replacing vehicle batteries.
• Inspecting and replacing braking systems.
• Safe use of oxy-acetylene.
• Assessing and securing a roadside situation.
• Learners will gain a broad knowledge and understanding of health and safety in the workplace.
• Agreeing with a customer vehicle needs.
• Other skills associated with working in a garage.
• Employability skills
50% Assessment – Coursework 50% Assessment – Exam Apprenticeship Option
Ideally at least 4 GCSEs at grade 9-4 or grade A*-C or a Level 1 qualification, but this is subject to discussion at your interview.
If you haven’t already achieved a GCSE grade 4 or grade C in English or Maths, then you will study either GCSE or Functional Skills English or Maths alongside your other qualifications.