This qualification aims to develop learners’ understanding of nutrition, healthy eating and weight management. The
qualification covers the principles of healthy eating and the nutritional needs of different groups. Learners will gain an understanding of how to plan healthy diets, weight management, eating disorders and the effects of both balanced and disordered eating on health and wellbeing.
• Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
• opportunity to demonstrate their competence and knowledge in a wide range of job roles.
• Further your personal and professional development
• Ensure you the concept of nutrition and Health
• Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college
Our online courses are completed online, so there is no need for any personal attendance in college, however you can always attend college if you feel you need this.
You will complete assessments by answering questions and submitting them to your tutor via the online learning platform.
You will be given full written feedback on your assessments within 5 working days.
Your tutor is available by Email, Vmail or Mobile Phone during office hours if you need support with your studies.
To study the courses, you need to have a suitable device such as a laptop, a desktop computer or a tablet such as an iPad.
Please note: It is not possible to complete the courses on a mobile phone as they are not compatible with our learning platform.
On successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate from Innovate Awarding, awarding body, confirming your achievement.
In order for you to gain your full certificate, you need to achieve all 6 mandatory units:
• Explore principles of healthy eating
• Consider nutritional needs of a variety of individuals
• Use food and nutrition information to plan a healthy diet
• The principles of weight management
• 6 Principles of food safety for the home environment
• Understanding eating disorders
Portfolio of Evidence
This qualification is internally assessed and internally quality assured by Centre staff and externally quality assured by NCFE External Quality Assurance Consultants (EQACs).
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification.
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress into a qualification in a number of different sectors such as:
• Hospitality and Catering
• Active Leisure and Fitness
• Health and Social Care
Learners may also go on to study qualifications in a related area depending on their current skills and role within the organisation.