Designed to introduce you to modern vehicle diagnostic techniques, this course will help you to identify faults on all major vehicle systems.
Throughout your course, you will develop your knowledge and skills in core systems before investigating common faults, causes and how to identify them. Based in our fully equipped workshops, you will also learn electronic and non-electronic methods of fault diagnosis, using modern equipment.
- Course Level
1 year full-time
Units you may study include:
• Knowledge of diagnosing and rectifying automotive vehicle auxiliary electrical faults
• Knowledge and competency in diagnosing and rectifying light vehicle engine faults
• Knowledge of diagnosing and rectifying light vehicle transmission and drive line faults
• Competency in diagnosing and rectifying light vehicle engine chassis
• Extending practical skills to complete synoptic assessments
50% Assessment – Coursework 50% Assessment – Exam Apprenticeship Option
Ideally at least 5 GCSEs at grade 9-5 or A*-C including English and Maths or a Level 2 qualification in Light Vehicle Maintenance, but this is subject to discussion at your interview.
If you haven’t already achieved a GCSE grade 5 or grade C in English or Maths, then you will study either GCSE or Functional Skills English or Maths alongside your other qualifications.