You will gain an understanding of the Construction industry and have an opportunity to apply learning in a practical and realistic way.
You will follow a programme of study that enables progression to further courses and employment within the construction industry.
You will gain confidence by developing independent learning skills. You will learn how craft activities are carried out safely and how they contribute to the construction process.
FT / PT
General Core Units:
– Health, Safety and Welfare in Construction and Associated Industries; Underpinning theoretical knowledge based around the Construction Industry
– Knowledge of Technical Information, Quantities and Communication with Others; Underpinning theoretical knowledge based on the collation of technical information, the vast amounts of quantities and the importance of communicating with others in the Construction Industry.
– Knowledge of Construction Technology; Underpinning theoretical knowledge based on the structure, roles, responsibilities, terms, policies and procedures in the Construction Industry.
Occupational Specific Units:
– Setting Out for Basic Masonry Structures; Underpinning theoretical and practical knowledge regarding setting out of projects using dimensions and basic methods, using hand tools
– Construct Block Walling; Underpinning theoretical and practical knowledge regarding how to set out and build a wall in lightweight block, incorporating a return corner using hand tools.
– Construct Brick Walling; Underpinning theoretical and practical knowledge regarding how to set out and construct half brick thick walling with a racked back corner using hand tools.
– Construct Cavity Walling; Underpinning theoretical and practical knowledge regarding how to construct cavity walling using hand tools.
-This course also includes tutorials, Functional Skills which includes English and Maths and Personal and Professional Development
Practical assessments & paper based exams