The purpose of the T Level in Education and Childcare is to ensure students have the knowledge and skills needed to progress into skilled employment or higher-level technical training. Students will be equipped with the core knowledge and skills relevant to education and childcare; up-to-date occupational knowledge and skills; necessary English, mathematics and digital skills and threshold competence that meets employer expectations and is as close to full occupational competence as possible. To support students in meeting this occupational competence they are required to complete a minimum of 750 hours industry placement.
- Course Level
The T Level will be completed over 2 years
The T Level consists of a core component and occupational specialism of early years educator. The core component consists of 2 written examinations and an employer set project. The occupational specialism in early years educator consists synoptic assignments.
– Wider Context
– Supporting Education
– Safeguarding, Health and Safety and Wellbeing
– Parents, Families and Carers
– Working with Others
– Child Development
– Observation and Assessment
– Reflective Practice
– Equality and Diversity
– Special Educational Needs and Disability
– English as an Additional Language
– Support and promote children’s play, development and early education
– Develop relationships with children to facilitate their development
– Plan, provide and review care, play and educational opportunities to enable children to progress
– Safeguard and promote the health, safety and wellbeing of children
– Work in partnership with colleagues, parents, carers and other professionals to support children’s development
The core component consists of 2 written examinations and an employer set project.
The occupational specialism in early years educator consists synoptic assignments.
Applicants will require a grade 5 in GCSE English and maths as well as a minimum of 3 other GCSEs at grade 4 or above.