Level 3 Diploma and Extended Diploma Children & Young People's Workforce
This qualification is for all those who wish to work in the
Children and Young People’s Workforce and will cover a diverse
range of job roles and occupational areas working in children’s
workforce setting including early years, social care and foster
Learners will need to complete mandatory and optional units to
achieve the qualification. Mandatory units will include:
- Promoting communication
- Promoting equality and inclusion
- Engaging in personal development
- Principles for implementing duty of care in health, social care
or children’s young people’s settings
Portfolio/coursework assessed by tutors.
These units assessment methods could include written
assignments, direct observations, witness evidence, professional
discussion, tasks set by CACHE for knowledge learning outcomes.
- 4 GCSEs grades A*-C including English and Maths.
- Level 2 Childcare qualification
- Level 2 Key/Functional Skills in English and Maths
- For equivalent qualifications see the Entry Requirements Explained page
- All applicants must complete an initial assessment in Maths and
English and attend an interview
- Application of CRB and Uniform must be applied for.
Course Progression Routes
- Completion of 2 year programme
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health & Social Care and
Children & Young Peoples Services.
- A degree in a related discipline.
- Early Years Teacher Training - please check additional entry
requirements such as GCSEs
Course Career Prospects
This qualification will qualify learners to work in careers such
as Nursery Nurse, Childminder, Nanny, Crèche Leader and after
further study Early Years or Primary Teacher Training – please
check additional entry requirements such as GCSEs.
If you are unsure about your career progression please contact the Careers Team.
Activities such as trips and visits will be arranged, which are
beneficial to this course and your learning. These activities are
optional and additional fees will be charged to you. Details will
be provided at the time of interview.
You will have the opportunity to gain hands on experience with
electronic babies and take part in a work placement organised by
There are no course fees if you are under 19 years old. However,
you may have to pay for textbooks, personal kits, uniforms, trips
and personal stationery. You will be informed of these at your
There will be fees for CRB of £44.00 and uniform costs of
The points range from 80to 420
For Application and Enrolment Information Contact
Free phone: 0800 358 7575
For more advanced courses such as Degrees and HNC/Ds please click here.
For Postgraduate & Professional courses please click here.