Having to address attitude, behavioural or conflict issues in the workplace can be very hard, if not done effectively it can make things worse, cause unnecessary anger, resentment and potentially damage working relationships in and across teams.
It is a key skill and quality of effective and successful leadership at any level to be able to confront and challenge, to be able to negotiate and influence, and to be able to create win-win situations to minimise and diffuse conflict in the workplace.
This 1 day programme will help attendees to identify and pre-empt potential conflict situations, how to plan and carry out difficult conversations to address issues and concerns with others, and understand the value and importance of effective communication, assertive behaviour and good problem solving and decision making skills.
1 Day (9.00am – 4.00pm)
• What causes conflict in the workplace, how does it build up and show itself?
• Why some conflict is good and necessary
• The impact of negative conflict and attitude issues on individual, team and organisational performance
• Identifying situations and concerns that need addressing
• Planning and Carrying out a “difficult conversation”
• Practical tips and techniques to manage conflict effectively