Under the Health and Safety at Work Regulations every company has a legal responsibility for the Health and Safety of its employees and any other person affected by its business. Managers have a key role in implementing Health and Safety policy and procedures and need to be familiar with key issues. Not adhering to the legislative requirements can add significant costs to a business, not only through expensive compensation, and increased insurance fees but also through absence management.
3 days (9.00am – 4.00pm)
• Health and Safety Legislation
• Hazards – general
• Safety Management systems
• Active and reactive monitoring
• Accident Prevention, investigation and reporting Occupational health and hygiene
• Fire, electricity and noise
• Workplace inspection Risk assessment and risk control
Candidates undertake an assessment and risk assessment during the programme.