Under the Licensing Act 2003, anyone authorising the retail sale of alcohol will have to hold a personal license. In order to qualify for a personal license, an applicant must hold a licensing qualification which is; Qualifications and Curriculum Authority (QCA) accredited, and Government approved.
Highfields qualification is both QCA accredited and Government approved, and has been specifically designed to meet the statutory requirements of the Licensing Act 2003.
1 Day (9.00am – 4.00pm)
• the nature, purpose and period of validity of a personal licence
• the application process and legal duties when applying for a personal licence
• the legal duties of a personal licence holder
• the roles, responsibilities and functions of licensing authorities
• the nature and strength of alcohol and the effect on the body
• the law in relation to premises licences
On-line / paper based multiple choice exam paper at the end of the workshop
There are no entry requirements for this course.