This qualification is to support learners in becoming first aiders in the workplace. The content of the qualification meets the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) requirements for training first aiders in those organisations that have identified that staff need to be trained to this level within their first-aid needs assessment.
In line with guidance provided by the HSE, the qualification supports/approves workplace first aiders for a period of 3 years, after which point learners will need to retake the course. Therefore, the qualification is valid for three years from the date of award. In addition to this, it is recommended that learners refresh their knowledge annually.
3 days (9.00am – 4.00pm)
• The roles and responsibilities of a first aider
• Assessing an emergency situation safely
• CPR and AFD
• Administering first aid to a choking casualty
• Putting a causality in the recovery position
• Dealing with shock, burns, scalds, bleeds and minor injuries
This qualification is assessed by a practical demonstration and a multiple-choice theory test and successful candidates will be awarded the Highfield Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work.
There are no entry requirements for thsi course.