Do you enjoy working with children? Do you have lots of energy? Are you good at listening? Are you patient?
Childcare is often demanding, but it is very rewarding. It requires a range of personal qualities such as an enthusiasm for working with children, an interest in their development and welfare, creativity and imagination.
You will need a sense of humour and good communication and interpersonal skills. If you have these qualities and want to do something worthwhile, then a childcare career is the one for you.
Further Education courses
Higher Education courses
- Early Years Advanced Practitioner Level 4
- FdA Early Childhood Development and Learning in Practice
- FdA Supporting Children with Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND)
- BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies
- BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies (Top Up)
- BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies (Top Up Distance Learning)
- MA Early Childhood Studies
- MA Early Childhood Studies (Distance Learning)
- You will be able to participate in extra awareness sessions via our Skills Academy Training which including:
- Pediatric first aid
- Forestry school
- CV writing
- Basic health and safety
- You will carry out activities in our very own Nursery room
- You will have the opportunities to look after the electronic babies.
- Have the opportunity to participate in a range of sporting and fitness activities tailored to your requirements by the College’s own sports maker.
- At level 2 and 3 you will undertake work experience within placements linked to Childcare settings such as Day care centers, schools and nurseries as well as many others, our designated placement officer will assist you in finding a suitable placement if necessary.
- UCAS/Student finance talks and workshops are run for all level 3 students wanting to apply to university, with assistance given the whole application process including an experienced tutor assisting in the writing of personal statements if help is required.
- The childcare department has excellent links with many Doncaster childcare providers and works in Partnership with them to offer a number of our students leading industrial experience.
- Within each academic year there are a number of guest speakers invited into the college to speak to our students about extra opportunities available to them, for example, Befriend.
- You will have the opportunity to participate in the ‘make it happen event’ and produce your own business idea for a product that would benefit individual staff and service users with in the childcare sectors.
- In recent years there have been a number of trips to assist you in gaining valuable experience in childcare such as the annual trip to Switzerland to undertake some placement experience.