We deliver Forest School Level 3 as part of the Cambium Trainer’s Network which is accredited through Agored Cymru (formally OCN Wales) and is nationally recognised.
About our Level 3 Forest School Training
This Level 3 qualification requires the learner to
- apply knowledge and skills in a range of complex activities
- demonstrate comprehension of relevant theories
- access and analyse information independently and make reasoned judgements
- select from a considerable choice of procedures in familiar and unfamiliar contexts
- direct own activities, with some responsibility for the output of others.
Learners must achieve at least 19 credits in the named units to gain the qualification.
This Forest School Leader training is designed for those who would like to set up and run a Forest School programmes. There are five Units of Study at Level 3:
- Supporting Learning, Play and Development in the Natural Environment
- Observation and Evaluation of Forest School
- Sustainable Use and Management of Natural Resources
- Teach Outdoor Practical Skills
- Deliver Forest School
On this course you will:
- Attend 9 training days which consist of both theory and practical tasks
- Run a Forest School Programme in your chosen setting
- Have a work-based assessment
- Complete a portfolio of level 3 standard for assessment.
There is a tutorial session about three-quarters of the way through the course.
In addition to the course dates, the lead tutor is available during the course for tutorial help by online meetings, telephone or email.
Entry Qualifications Required:
- Level 2 Qualification or appropriate experience in education, youth work, childcare etc
- Established link with a proposed client group and a potential Forest School Site
- 19 years or over at the start of the course.
- Level 2 Qualification in Forest School, Countryside, Woodland Management etc
- At least two years experience with client groups
- Established link with a proposed client group and a potential Forest School Site.
You are strongly advised to achieve a suitable First Aid Qualification and hold a current DBS certificate prior to starting your own Forest School practice, however, this is the responsibility of the individual setting.