We have over 2000 apprentices, working with over 800 employers across most sectors in our region and this number is growing – in 5 years our apprenticeships have increased from 300 to over 1300 apprentices per year. We offer over 70 different apprenticeships from Level 2 to 6 and our offer grows as employers request new provision.
We offer ‘roll on / roll off’ apprenticeships for employers which means you can offer an apprenticeship at any time during the year.
We have a business development team who work with employers to be able to offer new apprenticeships in Doncaster and South Yorkshire as well as areas such as Scunthorpe, Lincoln, Gainsborough, Goole and Hull.
There has never been a better time to consider an apprenticeship as an opportunity to improve the performance of your organisation, recruit new talent, develop existing managers and staff and use your apprenticeship levy or funding support to make a difference to your business.
To speak to our Business Development team contact the College on 01302 553553 or email to email@example.com.
Employers come to Doncaster College because:
- They know our students will already be developing the skills, knowledge and experience that will make you potentially a good candidate
- We have an excellent reputation as a training provider
- We offer a very broad range of apprenticeships suitable for school leavers through to senior managers
- We support our employers right through from initial assessment of requirements through to the delivery and evaluation of apprenticeship success.
Apprenticeship Levy and funding
If your wage bill is above £3m, you will pay a tax into an online digital account. The money will be placed in your own digital account service (DAS) to be spent apprenticeship training and assessment. To find out more contact our business development teams for advice.
Not paying the levy? If you are hiring an Apprentice over the age of 19, you will have to contribute 5% of the training cost, with the Government paying the remaining 95%. Some employers are eligible for free training and assessment and our business development can advise you if you are eligible and how to apply for your funding support. If you are hiring an Apprentice aged between 16-18 you will normally receive a grant of £1,000.
Types of Apprenticeships
We have a wide range of apprenticeship available across most sectors. Depending on the Apprenticeship, they can vary in qualification level either Intermediate, Advanced or Higher as well as duration with the minimum time an apprenticeship lasts is 12 months. The apprentice will attend college on a regular basis and the delivery will be discussed and agreed with you.
Apprenticeships on offer:
- Business Administration
- Cleaning Services
- Creative and Digital Media
- Customer Service
- Exercise and Fitness
- Healthcare Assistant
- Healthcare Support services
- Highway maintenance
- Hospitality and Catering
- Information Technology
- Manufacturing (Industrial Applications)
- Social Media and Digital Marketing
- Sports and Activity Leadership
- Vehicle Maintenance and repair
Business Development Team Support
Our business development team work with employers throughout the year. They will discuss your training and development needs, the provision available and any costs or funding support. This may include:
- Full cost courses
- Funded provision
From one day courses to programmes delivered over several years, we can provide a range of solutions to meet employers’ needs. If you don’t see what you require on our website please contact us as our website covers most of our provision but we regularly offer new programmes including bespoke provision. Go to the Courses area of the website to search for the type or course you require, or contact our team on 01302 553913 or firstname.lastname@example.org
It’s important that we understand what your organisation needs to achieve – for example, culture change, improved performance, reduction in costs, improved retention – once we know what your organisations objectives are we can help you in identifying and delivering training and development to support and develop your business. Whether it’s the private, public or third sector, most organisations face similar challenges but the key is understanding the organisation itself and focusing development on addressing specific needs.
We offer bespoke training and public courses which employers and individuals access. Contact us to book places on a course or to find out more. Our business development team can discuss your full learning and development needs and ensure we find the right provision. If we don’t deliver what you require then we will always try and sign post you to another provider.
Need to speak to us?
Want more information on Apprenticeships? Contact our friendly team, we will be happy to help!
Call us on 01302 553913 or email us using the form.