Debrah Turner, MA Learning and Teaching in Early Years, BA (Hons) Early Years, PGCHE, EYP.
- Programme Area Lead
- Programme Leader: Top Up Distance Learning BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies
- Programme Leader: Masters Early Childhood Studies and Masters Educational Studies
I have worked in the early years sector for over 25 years, during this time I have led and managed settings and supported undergraduates in placements. My teaching experience includes lecturing in HE sector, with an expertise in Early Childhood Studies and Early Years Teacher Training. My research interests include working with parents/carers and community, leadership, play, policy and politics and work-based learning. I am a published author on the topic of parent partnership.
Current modules taught
- Current Issues and Contemporary Debates
- Language. Learning and Literacy
- Effective Pedagogy and Child Development
- Innovative Curriculum
- The Sociology and Psychology of Childhood
- Policy, Politics and Legislation
- Dissertation Supervision
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Global Issues in Early Childhood
Research / scholarly activity
- Book Reviewer for new publications.
- Continuous development of learning and teaching materials, reflecting currency in research at the forefront early years
- Attendance at CPD events
External activity / professional links
- Fellowship to Higher Education (FHEA)
- External Examiner