Sarah Brooks MA
- Programme Leader: FdA Supporting Children with Special Educational Needs and Disablities
- Programme Leader: Top Up BA (Hons) Supporting Children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
- Lecturer: Top Up BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies
- Lecturer: BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies
- Lecturer: FdA Early Childhood Development and Learning in Practice
I have worked within the early years sector since 2006 where I had experience of working with children from birth to 11 years. I started my career as a level 2 nursery assistant progressing to a room supervisor to a manager and finally an area manager. Within my role I have been a SENCO, Safeguarding Officer and a mentor to staff and students. I have had experience of working within a multi-agency team and experienced multiple Ofsted inspections. I began lecturing at Doncaster University Centre in 2018.
Current modules taught
- Special Educational Needs
- Observation, Assessment and Request
- Current Issues and Contemporary Debates
- Diversity and Inclusion
Research / scholarly activity
External activity / professional links
- Links with Local Authorities regarding children with SEND.