We offer a number of different support options for 16-19 year old students (age taken as of 31st of August 2020). Each of these vary and have different eligibility criteria.

The online Financial Assistance 2020/21 Application is now available!

Please click to Apply Online Now to access the online application portal. Applying online is quick and easy. You do not need to have enrolled. Just click and go, ensuring you provide all evidence requested as failure to do so will delay your application being processed.

When completing your online application please remember the following:
  • You must be an enrolled student at Doncaster College
  • You must have an up-to-date email address recorded on College records.  Without this, you will not receive an activation email.  Please check with Student Services if you are unsure about this.
  • When entering your student ID number, only enter the digits not the ‘DC’ or the ’00’s

For more information or help with the online application please email financial.support@don.ac.uk.

The paper based application will be available soon. Please be informed, where you complete a paper based application, you will be required to make an appointment to see the Financial Support Team and this way of applying will take longer for your application to be processed. Appointments must be made by emailing financial.support@don.ac.uk. You will then receive an appointment day and time from the team and you must adhere to this appointment as drop-ins are no longer available due to COVID-19. Arriving late or failure to attend your appointment will result in you having to make a new one.

16-18 Travel Pass

The 16-18 Travel Pass entitles pass holders to concessionary travel which is currently 80p per journey on all buses & trams in South Yorkshire and half fare on Northern trains. It also allows the holder to access other money saving tickets that may be available from their local service provider.

Students can apply for a 16-18 Travel Pass where they meet the following criteria:

·         They live in South Yorkshire and the household pays Council Tax to Barnsley, Doncaster, Rotherham or Sheffield

·         Are aged between 16 and 18 (full age criteria is shown at  https://travelsouthyorkshire.com/1618/)

For full guidance on the 16-18 Travel Pass and details on how to apply for this pass, please visit https://travelsouthyorkshire.com/1618/

Care to Learn

Where students are aged under 20 on the start date of their programme and they require childcare support, this is provided through Care to Learn.

Students are encouraged to apply early for this support to ensure that support is received from the start date of the students study programme (Care to Learn will only pay childcare costs from the start date of a student’s programme where they apply within 28 days of their programme start date).

In addition to the above, applications must be made for each year that the student wishes to claim childcare support for.

Care to Learn is applied for online via the following link:



If you are unsure about what support you might be eligible to apply for or you have any questions with regards to the application process, we ask that at this current time, all enquiries are made to the Financial Support Team via email:


Apply Online

To apply for financial assistance online, please visit the following link:

Apply online for financial assistance in 2020/21 >

Guidance Notes

Click here to download guidance notes for 2020/2021 applicants