Prince’s Trust Development Awards
Development Awards are cash awards to help young people access education, training and employment. Young people can also receive help with action planning and on-going support and monitoring.
The awards are in place to help fund additional costs such as;
- Tools, equipment or transport for a job
- Course fees
- Professional licence fees
- Interview Clothes
- Childcare costs
For further information and full eligibility criteria, please visit:
FE Army Bursary Scheme (Ages 16 – 32)
If you are looking to join the Army, the Army offers a range of financial support to help you through your studies.
To find out more, visit the Army website:
Professional and Career Development Loans
Professional and Career Development Loans are bank loans that can be used to help pay for work related learning.
These loans can be used to pay course fees or other costs such as travel and living expenses. You can also use these loans to supplement other forms of support such as grants or bursaries but these loans should only be considered as an option once all other student funding options have been investigated.
For further information on Professional and Career Development Loans, please visit:
Care Leaver Bursary Award Programme
The University Centre Doncaster is supporting Care Leavers with a bursary to assist them with their course related costs whilst on programme.
The Care Leaver Bursary Award Programme will be available to undergraduate students who meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Are enrolled onto a full-time/part-time undergraduate programme of study
- Have Care Leaver status which must be confirmed by the last local authority for which the student was last registered with
- Is a UK resident which must also be confirmed by the last local authority for which the student was last registered with
- Are funded by Student Finance England
- Are aged between 18 and 25 (age taken as of 31/08/17)
For further details on the Care Leaver Bursary Award Programme please refer to the Care Leaver Bursary Award Programme Policy and where you feel that you meet the required eligibility criteria, please complete and submit the attached application form as soon as possible (applications can be submitted up to the 6th of July 2018 but will not be accepted after this date).
If you have any queries on the Care Leaver Bursary Award Programme, please contact the Financial Support Team office on 01302 553760 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Care Leaver Bursary Award Programme – Application Form
- Care Leaver Bursary Award Programme – Policy (Coming soon)