T-Levels are programmes of study available now at Doncaster College. These 2 year courses have been developed in collaboration with employers and businesses so that the content meets the needs of industry and prepares students for work.
T-Levels will offer students a mixture of classroom learning and ‘on-the-job’ experience during an industry placement of 315 hours (approximately 45 days). They will provide the knowledge and experience needed to open the door into skilled employment, further study or a higher apprenticeship.
T-Levels are a 2 Year course equivalent to 3 A Levels.
When will Doncaster College launch their
Doncaster College is one of a group of colleges and schools across the UK selected to pilot specific subject areas in September 2021.
Students will initially be able to take a T-Levels in the following subject areas:
- Design, surveying and planning (construction industry)
- Digital production, design and development (digital industry)
- Education (education and childcare industry)
- Health and sciences
- Management and Administration
Structure of a T-Level
T-Levels courses will include the following compulsory elements:
- A technical qualification, which will include; a core theory, concepts and skills for an industry area
- Specialist skills and knowledge for an occupation or career
- Digital skills development
- An industry placement with an employer
- A minimum standard in maths and English if students have not already achieved them
- Around 80% will be in the classroom and 20% out on placement
Every T-Levels will include an industry placement with an employer focused on developing the practical and technical skills required for the occupation. These will last a minimum of 315 hours (approximately 45 days) but can last longer. Employers can offer industry placements as a block, day release or a mix of these, and can discuss sharing part of the placement with another employer if necessary.