Mental health presents one of the greatest challenges to our society. With an estimated 450 million people worldwide suffering from a mental health problem, around a quarter of British adults will experience some form of mental health problem within the course of a year.
While many elements of mental health are still not understood, having a good knowledge of the information that is available is essential in any sector.
• Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
• Increase understanding of symptoms and management of stress, anxiety and phobias
• Further your personal and professional development
• Gain a clear understanding of mental health legislation
Our Learn from Home courses are completed fully online, so there is no need for any personal attendance in college.
You will complete assessments by answering questions and submitting them to your tutor via the learning platform. If your answers do not quite meet the required standard, your tutor will refer the assessment to you, so you to improve your answer and it will probably pass on its subsequent submission.
You will be given full written feedback on your assessments, and your tutor is available by email or mobile phone during office hours if you need support with your studies.
To study the courses, you need to have a suitable device such as a laptop, a desktop computer or a tablet such as an iPad. You must not enrol if you do not have one of the devices mentioned. It is not possible to complete the courses on a mobile phone as they are not compatible with our learning platform.
On successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate from NCFE awarding body, confirming your achievement.
What you will learn
• Understanding Mental Health
• Understanding Stress
• Understanding Anxiety
• Understanding Phobias
• Understanding Depression
• Understanding Post-Natal Depression
• Understanding Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
• Understanding Bipolar Disorder
• Understanding Schizophrenia
• Understanding Dementia
• Understanding Eating Disorders
• Understanding Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
• Understanding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
Online question and answer assessments
You must be 19+ to enrol on this course.