This qualification is aimed at those who want to work as Supervisors within the front of house operation in a hospitality environment. It covers all aspects of food and beverage service supervision. The course encompasses the key skills required to ensure a thorough understanding of the role of supervisor and the expectations that any future employer will expect.
Units of study:
• Principles of Supervising Food and Beverage Service Operations
• Principles of Food Safety Supervision for Catering
• Principles of Promoting Food and Beverage Services and Products
• Principles of Supervising Customer Service Performance in Hospitality, Leisure, Travel and Tourism
• Supervise Food and Beverage Service
• Legislation in Food and Beverage Service
• Barista Skills
• Prepare and Serve Wine
• Prepare and Serve Alcoholic and Cold Non-Alcoholic Beverages
• Supervise Hospitality Events
Assignments and practical assessment methods
At least 4 or 5 GCSEs at Grade 4 or above, including maths and English at Grade 4
OR Minimum of Level 2 course in chosen and English language and Maths at level 2
Allowances may be made due to industry experience and a interview.